The Best AI Chatbots for Amazing Customer Service
The best AI chatbots are a fantastic way to enhance your customer support strategy, by giving your customers a means of self-service.
Studies show over 60% of consumers prefer an automated self-service solution to interacting with a human agent these days. What’s more, a self-service system means you can reduce the strain on your employees, by filtering out some of the requests they receive.
The best AI chatbot platform provides companies with a tool they can use to develop state-of-the-art intelligent bots for handling common queries. These tools provide a more advanced bot system than many of the old-fashioned FAQ-style bots and often come with machine learning algorithms, which allows them to improve their performance over time.
Today, we’re going to be exploring some of the more highly-rated AI bots on the market, to ensure you can offer your customers the highest quality of conversational service.
What are The Best AI Chatbots for 2023?
ChatBot by LiveChat
LiveChat is a comprehensive platform for message-based customer service. The core functionality of the service revolves around live person-to-person chatting. However, you can also implement your own chatbot into your website too. The solution requires no coding or technical expertise.
You can start with a template from LiveChat to create bots for different purposes. For instance, there’s a “Welcome” bot, an “Afterhours” bot, and an FAQ bot. Plus, AI algorithms are built into the software to help you improve your responses over time. Bots can transfer customers to human agents when necessary, and help to create notifications and tickets for live agents to address.
The bots can also track goals, such as purchases and sign-ups, and chat with your customers on a range of channels, including Facebook Messenger. To help you collect data about your target audience, your chatbot will also send transcripts via email straight to your team.
The chatbot solution comes as part of LiveChat’s complete messaging platform. There’s a 14-day free trial, followed by a range of plans, such as:
- Starter: $16 per month for a 60-day chat history, basic customization, and ticketing.
- Team: $33 per month for unlimited chat histories, full customization, data security, basic reporting, and various branding options.
- Business: $50 per month for all the features of Team, plus staffing predictions, and work schedules.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing for all the features of Business, plus product training, single sign-on, premium support, and HIPAA compliance
- Live chat and chatbot functionality in one place
- Simple template options for beginners
- Collect and send information straight to agents
- Route customers to human employees
- AI learning to improve functionality with time
- Some template limitations
- Can be expensive for larger businesses
HubSpot Chatbot Builder
Designed for people with absolutely no coding skills, HubSpot’s AI chatbot builder is a fantastic platform for beginners. The tool makes it easy to create a bot system capable of qualifying leads, booking meetings, providing customer support, and collecting useful information.
Within the platform, business leaders will find access to comprehensive “canned templates” and a visual builder system, so they can drag and drop the elements of their new bot into place. You can choose a platform based on your business goal, and tweak the copy to suit your needs. There’s also the option to start from scratch if you prefer.
Because the chatbot software is integrated with the HubSpot contact database, it’s also capable of delivering friendlier, more personalized messages than an old-fashioned bot. Plus, any information collected by the bot will also be automatically stored into your contact’s timeline, so you can learn more about the customer journey.
The chatbot builder from HubSpot is available for free if you want to access the basic building features. However, you can upgrade your automations by choosing one of the “Sales Hub” packages from HubSpot, as the chatbot is included within these plans.
The Sales Hub allows companies to remove HubSpot branding from their chat systems, and access a range of other tools like meeting scheduling, 1-to-1 email, calling SDKs, conversational routing, and even an integration with Stripe. Prices start at $45 per month for the Starter package, $450 per month for the Professional package, or $1,200 per month for the Enterprise package.
- Easy-to-use visual building system
- Templates for various bot goals
- Conversational elements taken from the CRM
- Automatic data storage
- Full integration with the sales hub
- Can be expensive for some packages
- The Sales hub can have a bit of a learning curve
One of the better-known customer service platforms on the market today, Zendesk helps companies of all sizes to manage sales and service strategies. Zendesk’s chatbot functionality allows organisations to build their own powerful AI chatbots, giving your employees a helping hand to cover common consumer queries and requirements.
You can automate your bots to respond rapidly to common questions, and even create bots which reach out to customers proactively to ask crucial questions. The bots can also transfer conversations to a human agent when necessary, too. What’s more, Zendesk’s platform integrates with a huge range of existing tools and services to suit any company’s needs.
Zendesk’s chatbot functionality comes included as part of the Zendesk “Service” plan, which also comes with access to a comprehensive help centre environment, messaging across mobile, web, and social, reporting and analytics, and a range of robust APIs.
Packages for Zendesk’s chatbot functionality also include access to the various “Service” features offered by the company. You can start with a free trial, then explore plans like:
- Suite Team: £39 per month for up to 50 automated chat answers, help centre access, and industry-leading ticketing systems. There’s also a unified agent workspace.
- Suite Growth: £65 per month for all the features of Team, plus 100 automated answers, multiple help-centres, a self-service customer portal, and AI-powered knowledge management.
- Suite Professional: £79 per month for all the features of Growth, plus up to 500 automated answers, a range of conversational routing options, advanced voice capabilities, data location options and community forums.
- Simple and straightforward environment
- Easy routing from chatbots to agents
- Access to a wide range of additional service tools
- Integrations and APIs for connecting to other apps
- Great canned responses
- Limited AI functionality in bots
- Larger plans can be quite expensive
Drift is an all-in-one customer service solution, designed to help companies serve their clients through a range of different tools. One of the services available from the messaging providers is the chatbot builder. The chatbot building tool offers an easy-to-use environment where you can customize your bot as much as you like, adding personality and tweaking messages.
The chatbot solution can also pre-qualify customers, asking crucial questions before passing data and conversations over to your human agents. Plus, there’s the option to create bots which automatically reach out to your target audience the moment they arrive on your website. These bots can even arrange for calls between agents and customers at pre-set times.
Drift also has a built in A/B testing functionality, so you can examine how different bot messages and pipelines help to increase your sales or boost customer experience. The bot functionality comes with the rest of Drift’s powerful service and support tools too.
There’s a free plan available for Drift to help you explore the functionality of the service without spending anything. After that, pricing for all packages is offered on a request basis, so you won’t get an idea of how much you’re going to spend until you contact the team.
While the “Premium” plan does offer custom chatbots, you’ll need the Enterprise plan if you want access to full AI chatbots with learning capabilities.
- Comprehensive collaborative workspace
- A/B testing for chatbots
- Easy-to-use chatbot builder
- Routing for chatbot conversations
- Support for multiple languages
- The pricing isn’t very transparent
- AI bots are only available on the enterprise plan
Advertised as a powerful solution for engaging customers in today’s digital world, ManyChat is a chatbot building platform for Facebook Messenger and Instagram. The solution helps companies to design their own custom chat automations, with an easy-to-use automation builder.
The visual drag-and-drop system ensures you can keep a close eye on how the flow of any conversation might work with your target audience. There’s no coding or technology experience required to get started. You can also choose whether to tailor your chatbot to Facebook Messenger, or Instagram Messenger, depending on your customer base.
ManyChat can also integrate with SMS and email, to give you more ways of connecting with your audience through different channels. Companies can use the system to automatically deliver coupons, booking confirmations, and promotional messages to users via SMS and email once a chat-based conversation comes to an end. The service has a Zapier integration, so it’s easy to link to dozens of common software solutions, like Shopify, MailChimp, Klaviyo, and HubSpot.
There are a few different ways companies can invest in ManyChat. The first option is to use the “free” plan, which comes with the basic features required to engage up to 1,000 contacts. This plan allows for Instagram, Facebook messenger, and WhatsApp direct messages, as well as 10 customer tags, and automation flows. The paid packages include the “Pro” plan, for $15 per month, and the Premium plan, which is available via a custom quote.
The Pro plan comes with all the features of the “Free” plan, as well as email and SMS messaging, unlimited contact engagement, advanced campaigns with custom tags and fields, and various analytics and reporting tools. With the “Premium” plan, users get advanced live support, priority access to automation experts, and custom integrations.
- Simple no-code automation builder
- SMS and email connectivity
- Access to a range of common chat tools
- Tools for segmenting your audience
- Reporting and analytics built-in
- The premium package can be quite expensive
- The email support is a little slow
Best-known for helping companies to create powerful knowledgebase and FAQ articles, Intercom also has a service available for AI chatbot creation. The customizable chatbot platform gives companies the freedom to design conversational flows for their bots which ensure they can reach out to the correct customers at the best possible times.
The chatbots connect to your existing technology stack, such as your email marketing tools and CRM systems, so you can automate workflows behind the scenes, and deliver more personalized experiences. What’s more, the smart bot system includes various trigger and action options, so you can get your bots to route your customers to the correct agent when they need extra help.
Intercom also offers advanced audience segmentation features, so business leaders can choose exactly which bots connect with which customer. You can customize bot actions based on things like business type, customer spend, or location. There are 38 different languages to choose from if you’re serving an international or global audience.
Intercom offers a range of pricing packages for “most businesses” and “very small businesses”. You can try the service for free before upgrading to a paid plan. The cheapest “Starter” package is the only one with a transparent price available of $74 per month. This package comes with access to a conversation routing bot, shared inbox, help center, reporting dashboards, chat and email support, and in-product messages for customer journeys.
You can also customize your plan with add-ons like product tours from $199 per month, WhatsApp messaging for $9 per month per seat, and Surveys from $49 per month.
The plans for “most businesses” have no pricing connected to them. However, the “Support” plan is the one you’re most likely to be interested in, as it includes conversational bots, and a “resolution bot”.
- Audience segmentation for different bots
- Multi-language access for international customers
- Various trigger and action options for automation
- Integrations with existing tools
- Native connection to a range of other Intercom features
- The pricing structure isn’t very transparent
- The Starter package only comes with basic bot functionality
If you’re looking for a powerful tool for building artificial intelligence customer service bots, Meya AI has you covered. Meya is a platform for building mobile and web-based AI powered chatbots. You can design a conversational AI tool capable of responding to your customers in real-time, with intuitive NLP (Natural language processing), and multi-channel support.
The solution works across multiple social media channels and websites, and comes with a valuable backend system called “The Grid”, where developers can add code to their bots for personalization. The white-labelled service can even connect to your CRM, so you can use customer data to deliver an intuitive and personalized online experience.
With Meya, users can build chatbots for any industry, with automated conversational flows so you can naturally upsell and cross-sell in seconds. The service comes with excellent customer service, so you can get help implementing certain use cases, and creating bots for various kinds of user intents. This is one of the most advanced AI chatbot software solutions on the market.
As one of the more extensive chat software solutions available, Meya is a bit pricier than some of the other chat widget options we’ve looked at. There is a free trial for beginners. After that, you’ll have a range of monthly/annual plans to choose from, such as:
- Pro: $799 per month with 5K MAU per month, 1 production apps, and access to all integrations.
- Partner: $2,500 per month for 3 production apps, MAU discounts, pooled MAU, joint roadmaps and solutioning, and a re-seller.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing for a custom MAU volume, custom production apps, pre-buy MAU discounts, joint solutioning, and all the features of Partner.
- Advanced conversational experience with AI
- Powerful integrations with other tools
- Comprehensive backend for natural language understanding
- Omnichannel options to optimize customer service
- Excellent support team
- May require some coding knowledge
- One of the more expensive options on the market.
As messaging channels and virtual agents become more popular, there are no shortage of AI bot options on the market. Today, any startup or Sales team can access a range of tools for web chat, from the options mentioned above, to plugins for WordPress, and platforms like, Pandorabots, Botsify, Bold360, IBM and many others.
The right artificial intelligence chatbots for you will be able to integrate with all of your ecommerce tools and other services, from Slack and Amazon, to Telegram, Salesforce, Google sheets, Microsoft office, and Skype. These tools should also work on a range of messaging channels, so you can add them to your website, social media, and a mobile app.
With the perfect virtual assistant, business leaders can respond to customer questions faster, learn more about their target audience, and deliver more support to sales professionals to enhance the user experience. Good luck finding the best chatbot for your needs.