Best Fulfillment Center in Florida (Tampa)
If you intend to ship ecommerce products to Florida, or anywhere in the Southwest region of the United States, it’s best to use a fulfillment center in Florida, or at least within the surrounding area. This way, you’re more likely to provide fast shipments to customers, and you don’t have to worry about expensive shipping rates when compared to shipping from further away.
Whether it’s a fulfillment center in Tampa Bay, Orlando, Miami, or even a city from the nearby states of Georgia and Alabama, these locations will assist you in meeting customer demands throughout the Southeast.
In this article, we cover the absolute best fulfillment centers in Florida based on locations, software offerings, pricing, and customer service. Keep reading to learn about all of them.
The Best Fulfillment Centers in Florida
This list talks about the best fulfillment centers in Florida, along with some options in the surrounding areas like Georgia and Alabama.
The notable choices are ShipBob (with three Southeastern-located fulfillment centers) and the Shopify Fulfillment Network (if you use, or intend to use, the Shopify ecommerce platform). Other than that, we have some smaller, yet reputable, order fulfillment companies with centers throughout the great state of Florida.
What are the Best Fulfillment Centers in Florida (Tampa)?
1. ShipBob: Best Overall Fulfillment Center in Florida
Although there’s not specifically a ShipBob fulfillment center right in Florida, they have 2 Georgia locations and 1 in Tennessee, all of which service 7 Florida locations including Tampa Bay, Miami, and Orlando.
This allows you to ship anywhere in Florida and get those packages to customers within 1-2 days. In addition, those warehouses cover the entire Southeast corner of the US. For more reach, you can turn to other fulfillment centers, which ShipBob has scattered all over the US.
When it comes to logistics software, ShipBob is known for its simple and intuitive inventory management software, along with its programs for keeping tabs on warehouse distribution. Furthermore, you gain access to discounts from major shipping partners, free standard shipping materials, and some of the best customer support you can find in an ecommerce fulfillment center.
- Options to ship to customers in 2 days
- Dozens of warehouses around the US, including three that service the Southwest/Florida area, and several in other countries
- Multichannel fulfillment options for selling on places like eBay, Target, and Amazon
- Integrations with the top ecommerce platforms like Shopify, Bigcommerce, and Squarespace
- Discounted carrier rates
- Excellent customer support with an industry-leading onboarding process
- Tracking codes that you can send to all customers
ShipBob’s warehouse network spans much of the US, along with other countries like Australia, Canada, Poland, and the UK. It’s one of the largest shipment networks you can find for ecommerce.
With its Southeast locations in Forest Park, Georgia; Atlanta, Georgia; and Chattanooga, Tennessee, ShipBob conveniently services multiple cities in Florida, including:
- Jacksonville, FL
- Miami, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Saratoga, FL
- St. Petersberg, FL
- Sarasota, FL
- Tampa Bay, FL
In addition, ShipBob has fulfillment warehouses and ecommerce distribution centers in these places:
- New Jersey
Furthermore, ShipBob offers fulfillment centers for local shipping in other countries, including:
- United Kingdom
When you sign up for ShipBob, you can expect reasonable pricing, with some transparency by way of example fulfillment costs listed on their website.
You don’t have to worry about complicated pricing structures or hidden fees; however, you must still reach out to ShipBob to receive a custom quote for fulfillment services.
Having said that, here’s ShipBob’s base pricing to give you a general idea of where you’ll start:
- Receiving fees: $25. That’s for the initial two hours of receiving. It’s $40 per man-hour after the first two hours.
- Storage: Shelves are $10 per month. Pallets are $40 per month. Bins are $5 per month. These are variable depending on what you use.
- Picking and packing: This is free as long as the pick remains under 4 items. For more items in a pick, there’s a charge of $0.20 for each additional pick.
- Standard packing: Free. It’s more expensive to use custom inserts and boxes, but the standard tape, boxes, and other packaging materials are free.
- Shipping: Depends. Carriers, shipping weight, size, shipping method, and other factors come into play.
ShipBob also has a few fulfillment cost examples based on general product types.
Here are the examples:
- Supplements: $5.38 to $5.91 total fulfillment cost
- Apparel: $6.13 to $7.23 total fulfillment cost
- Subscription box: $9.59 to $12.49 total fulfillment cost
2. Shopify Fulfillment Network
Shopify Fulfillment works well for those using the Shopify ecommerce platform. It’s a centralized logistics provider, where you manage everything about your fulfillment operation on the same dashboard you use for selling.
There are a few warehouses in the Florida area, and you receive fast shipping times to anywhere across the US. Shopify ships to Canada as well, but there aren’t as many options available if your main customer base is outside the US or Canada.
- Handle your Shopify store and all fulfillment tasks in one dashboard
- All the software is free, from the inventory management to the warehouse management tools
- Shopify has smart warehouse distribution software for sending your products to the ideal warehouses
- Returns get handled by Shopify
- Fast shipping is standard, with options for 2-day shipping to most of the US and Canada
- Shopify uses automation and AI to eliminate errors
- The application process is the simplest we could find
Shopify keeps a tight lid on its fulfillment center locations, mainly because it’s constantly growing and evolving. However, we know that there are several fulfillment centers from Shopify that have popped up in Florida and Georgia.
Here are the main locations to consider:
- New Jersey
Those are the biggest fulfillment centers from Shopify, but as we mentioned, there are also some smaller Florida ones. Luckily, the Georgia location (and even the New Jersey and Pennsylvania centers) offer fast fulfillment and shipping services to all of Florida.
It’s best to apply for the Shopify Fulfillment Program to receive a clearer view of what you can expect to pay for your ecommerce store’s fulfillment. Shopify doesn’t have that many general prices listed, but the application process is pain-free and done online, so you can get some rates within a few minutes.
Having said that, here are some things we do know about Shopify’s pricing for fulfillment services:
- You don’t have to pay a transition or startup fee to begin using the Shopify Fulfillment Program
- All businesses, regardless of size, receive the same 2-day shipping rate
- You get discounts when sending multi-unit orders, making it more desirable to upsell or cross-sell
- You’ll spend more to send heavier items—that’s because the standard fulfillment rates are calculated based on the weight of what you send
- Shopify offers return processing, but there’s a flat-rate fee for each return
- You don’t have to sign up for a long-term commitment to use the Shopify Fulfillment Program—cancel whenever you want, without paying any penalties
- There’s no fee to store products for up to 6 months—after that, Shopify begins charging $2.25 per square foot of storage space (so there’s more incentive to get products off the shelves quicker)
ShipMonk actually has a fulfillment center in Florida. The main reason we tend to recommend ShipBob and Shopify Fulfillment before ShipMonk is because those two companies have far larger fulfillment networks (and they still service the entire state of Florida with unmatched speed).
However, ShipMonk does a wonderful job of servicing Florida, and all of its cities and surrounding states. That’s because you get one large fulfillment center in Fort Lauderdale, FL. There are two other fulfillment centers in the US to help ship to the West Coast and Midwest.
One reason we really like ShipMonk is because of its cloud software, which offers tools for managing warehouse distribution, tracking numbers, and all orders that need fulfillment.
- There’s a bustling fulfillment center right in Florida
- All business owners and customers receive tracking codes
- You get a free onboarding session and free configuration of the ShipMonk software
- The inventory and business management portal includes features for revenue predictions, reports, and checking orders
- You get exchange and return processing
- There’s a rate-finder app to seek the best rate from major carriers
- Standard or custom packaging, with options for branded inserts
- Integrations with the top ecommerce platforms, such as Bigcommerce, Shopify, 3dcart, and WooCommerce
- Multichannel selling through sites like eBay, Jet, Walmart, and Cratejoy
With three fulfillment centers, ShipMonk handles US fulfillment and shipping with ease.
Here’s what the fulfillment network looks like:
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Pittson, PA
- San Bernardino, CA
As you can see, these strategically located centers are meant to get products to customers, no matter where they are in the USA. The California center covers the West Coast, while Florida has most of the South, Southeast, and East regions. Finally, the Pennsylvania location is best for the Midwest and much of the East and South.
You can also ship internationally through ShipMonk, but that requires special shipping methods depending on your carrier.
ShipMonk has one of the most transparent pricing models in the ecommerce fulfillment space. This makes it easy to understand what your small business will pay long before you commit to a 3PL (3rd-party logistics company).
We’ll outline some standard costs below, but please contact ShipMonk to gain a stronger understanding of what your business will pay for fulfillment.
Here are the general starting prices from ShipMonk:
- Support to ship orders of 500 per month (you can always increase this; it’s just the starting plan)
- Picking: $3 per pick + $0.75 for all additional items in an order
- Promotional inserts: $0.20 per package
- Returns: $2 per return, plus an extra $0.50 for every additional item in that return
- Storage: Pallets are $20 per month; XL storage bins are $4 per month; L storage bins are $3 per month; M storage bins are $2 per month; S storage bins are $1 per month
- Special pricing: ShipMonk charges extra for unique businesses and projects such as subscription boxes, retail, Amazon fulfillment, custom packaging materials, kitting, and container unloading
ShipHero touts extremely fast shipping, a 99% accuracy rate, and automated processes for fulfilling ecommerce orders. Not only that, but there are 8 fulfillment centers in the ShipHero network, including 2 fulfillment centers in Florida. We also like that the 2 Canadian locations from ShipHero make it an international operation.
From a shipping and software perspective, ShipHero looks like a winner, with same day and expedited shipping options, standard 3-7 day shipping, and a 2-day expedited solution, all of which allow you to provide multiple shipping methods to customers.
Furthermore, ShipHero has transparent, flat-rate fees, and labor costs that go below $1.50 per package, making it significantly less expensive to fulfill products. There’s also a one-click integration with most ecommerce platforms, and a robust warehousing and inventory management system for handling your products.
- Two fulfillment centers in Florida, and perks like shortened last mile shipping, no zone shipping, and strategic inventory distribution
- Inventory management software with intelligent warehouse distribution, stock replenishment, and automations
- A clear view of all inventory, with tracking codes, inventory replenishment, and efficient reports
- A PostHero integration that streamlines the entire process with accurate delivery times, fulfillment gap reduction, and performance reports
- A duty relief program that speeds up and simplifies all shipments to and from Canada
- Integrations with top ecommerce platforms like Shopify, Bigcommerce, WooCommerce, and more
- Multichannel selling on places like Amazon
- Discounts and direct shipping integrations with carriers like UPS, USPS, and DHL
- API documentation to integrate with or customize any aspect of the fulfillment portal
- Support for B2B wholesale fulfillment and some other unique ecommerce fulfillment methods
ShipHero manages 8 fulfillment centers, 6 of which are in the US, while the other 2 are in Canada. ShipHero services ecommerce professionals by cutting out fees and documentation needed to ship between Canada and the US, and you can also reach just about every corner of the US with fast shipping.
For Florida, and Southeastern shipping, you can turn to a fulfillment center in Florida.
- Both fulfillment centers in Florida are in Jacksonville, Florida
The other centers are in:
- Salt Lake City, UT
- North Las Vegas, NV
- Ft. Worth, TX
- Allentown, PA
Finally, ShipHero offers these Canadian warehouses and fulfillment centers:
- Toronto, Canada
- Vancouver, Canada
For all ecommerce companies, we recommend reaching out to ShipHero and seeing what your unique business expenses are for fulfillment.
However, there are some general aspects of the ShipHero pricing that we can share, considering ShipHero is rather transparent with its fees.
- They don’t use shipping zones, which results in more competitive pricing
- ShipHero has flat-rate pricing
- It’s free for setup, onboarding, the software, and receiving
- Picking, packing, boxing, and postage is all included with your flat-rate fee
- There are no hidden fees
- Load balancing, zone skipping, and PostHero support are all included with your flat-rate fee
Here’s pricing for the ShipHero warehouse management software (WMS):
- Standard WMS for Brands: $1,850 per month for returns, automation rules, rate shopping, expirations, warehouse routing, and training
- WMS for 3PLs: All standard features plus a sandbox account, customer portals, marketplace listing, 3PL billing, and contract options
Flowspace not only offers a massive US network of shipping facilities, but warehouses with unique fulfillment capabilities in many Florida cities. You’re able to connect your ecommerce shop with Flowspace, then store products in a myriad of fulfillment centers, whether those are in Tampa, Florida, or across the country in California.
Flowspace is a wise choice for omnichannel brands, especially rapidly growing ones. That’s because you gain access to over 130 locations, and you’re able to integrate with popular marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and more.
We also like that the OmniFlow software—provided by Flowspace—assists in operating your own warehouse, working with multiple 3PLs, managing your ecommerce inventory, and picking the best possible warehouse to store that inventory.
- A large collection of Florida fulfillment centers, particularly a Tampa fulfillment center
- Unique fulfillment capabilities like Amazon FBA prep, direct to customer orders, FDA Certified shipping, item labeling, container unloading, GFSI certified shipping, kitting projects, retail fulfillment, wholesale carton picking and, of course, ecommerce fulfillment
- Integrate with the top ecommerce platforms on the market, such as Shopify, Bigcommerce, 3dcart, CS.Cart, and more
- Sell on multiple channels—and get all of your products fulfilled from Flowspace, regardless of where the sales came—like Amazon, Cratejoy, eBay, Etsy, and more
- Integrate with popular tools like Ecwid, Houzz, Lasership, Loop, ShipStation, and ChannelAdvisor
- Gain discounts and instant shipping quotes (and comparisons) from the main carriers like UPS, USPS, FedEx, and DHL
- Software options like a network optimization tool, order management, inventory management, and a visibility suite that shares information about late orders and performance
- Top-notch customer support with a less than 2 hour response time
- Convenient shipping methods, and options to ship to customers in 2 days
- Month-to-month payment plans available
- No longterm contracts, so you can opt out of the fulfillment network at anytime, with no charge
Flowspace’s Florida warehouse and fulfillment center locations include:
- Boca Raton
- Coral Springs
- Fort Lauderdale
- Daytona Beach
- Riviera Beach
Since Flowspace partners with a wide range of warehouses (not necessarily owned or managed by Flowspace), there’s an incredibly long list of other locations scattered throughout the US and the world. From Alaska to New York, and Hawaii to Illinois, you can find Flowspace warehouses in any of the states, and in most metropolitan areas.
There aren’t, however, any locations outside of the United States. Having said that, you can still opt for international shipping with Flowspace and your carrier.
In order to receive an accurate quote for the Flowspace fulfillment services, you must contact a sales representative. They’ll provide a demo and custom quote for you to understand the inner workings of the software and how much your ecommerce business should expect to spend.
Having said that, there are some things we know about the Flowspace pricing:
- It’s a rather cost-efficient fulfillment solution with various omnichannel connections and flexible network setups
- The pricing may vary based on which warehouse and fulfillment center location you choose
- Some of the warehouses offer different types of fulfillment
- You’ll most likely pay extra for “special” fulfillment methods, such as FDA certified shipping, cold storage, item labeling, and cart picking
- There are month-to-month plans available, along with longer-term commitments that could save you money
- This is an on-demand fulfillment service, so there aren’t any commitments, contracts, or fees if you don’t renew
- Most pricing from Flowspace is figured per pallet, allowing for a simpler pricing process
- The entire software—including the warehouse, inventory, and order management section—is entirely free when you sign up for Flowspace fulfillment
- The integration with your commerce platform is also free
Choosing the Right Fulfillment Center in Florida
From Shopify Fulfillment to ShipBob, and Shipmonk to ShipHero, the best fulfillment center in Florida is the one that offers everything you need to run a successful ecommerce store. For instance, you’ll want a sleek inventory and order management software, and it helps to have a larger network of warehouses so that you can ship quickly to multiple places around the US, and the world.
We also suggest you contact each of your potential 3PLs to see what the pricing is like for your business. This way, you can compare how much it costs to go with each one. It’s also important to ensure that your ecommerce platform integrates nicely with their software.
Overall, we hope this list has improved your outlook on the best fulfillment centers in Florida.
If you still have questions, here are our final (summary) recommendations:
- ShipBob: This is the best all-around fulfillment center option near Florida, mainly because its network is vast, you get 2-day shipping to Florida, and there are some wonderful discounts for shipping.
- Shopify Fulfillment Network: We like the Shopify Network if you intend to use the Shopify ecommerce platform, or if you already use it for your online store. The warehouse network has plenty of locations near and inside Florida, and you get to take advantage of the sleekest interface for fulfillment, all managed within your Shopify dashboard.
- Shipmonk: The Shipmonk fulfillment company makes sense if you’d rather opt for a smaller network with more dedicated customer support. They have three warehouse locations that cover the entire US, and the affordable/transparent pricing makes it a winner for smaller businesses.
- ShipHero: We like ShipHero for two main reasons: First, it has a strong presence in Florida, as it manages two of its own warehouses there. Second, ShipHero avoids shipping zones, leading to significantly lower costs on average.
- Flowspace: Ideal for ecommerce businesses with unique fulfillment needs, like if you intend to ship products that require cold storage, or even if you need Hazmat storage. Other than that, Flowspace works well as an on-demand fulfillment provided, especially if you’re okay with the large network of partner facilities that aren’t necessarily managed by Flowspace.
There you have it! We hope this guide helps you find the absolute best possible fulfillment center in Florida, whether that’s a center in Tampa, Orlando, or in one of the bordering states. Please let us know in the comments if you have any questions about fulfillment centers, and share your thoughts if you’ve worked with any of these companies in the past.