A Quick MarketerHire Review (Feb 2023) – Everything You Need to Know
In a saturated market, how companies market themselves is vital for competing against their rivals and bringing their brand’s values to the forefront. Your business needs to work with marketing experts across various disciplines to succeed with an effective marketing campaign.
If you don’t want to hire an in-house marketing team, freelancers may be a welcome alternative.
By enlisting freelancer marketers to work for your business, you can keep your marketing budget focused on specific campaigns and dip into marketing expertise as and when it’s needed.
This begs the question: What do you do when you need extra help with areas of marketing you and/or your team aren’t familiar with? How do you connect with professional freelancers that can be trusted to understand your needs?
This is where platforms like MarketerHire come into their own.
MarketerHire is a platform that connects organizations with the top 5% of marketing talent. Similar to platforms like Toptal or Flexiple, it rigorously vets its freelancers to ensure a secure and high-quality service.
That said, we’re taking an in-depth look at how MarketerHire works for companies and freelancers alike, what charges you can expect, and what the internet thinks about the value they provide.
That’s a lot to cover, so let’s dive in!
MarketerHire Review: About MarketerHire
As we’ve already hinted at in the intro, MarketerHire is a specialized freelancer platform that connects vetted, top-talent marketing professionals with organizations and agencies. Launched by Chris Toy and co-founder Raaja Nemani, the platform invites marketers with the following areas of expertise to apply:
- Amazon marketing
- Growth marketing
- Brand marketing
- Paid search marketing
- SEO marketing
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
MarketerHire is suitable for larger organizations looking to implement powerful digital marketing strategies with a sizable budget. In exchange, MarketerHire ensures all specialists are vetted vigorously so that only the top 5% of talent engages with the platform.
The platform is also better suited to companies that can be flexible about their hiring terms. This means encouraging remote work and considering hiring skilled freelancers part-time so that talent can retain their freedom to take on other projects.
MarketerHire can cut hiring times down to as little as a week, making it a viable option for quickly:
- Scaling teams up or down
- Backfilling marketing roles
- Hiring specialized talent for a specific project
To date, MarketerHire has facilitated over 7,500 successful matches between clients and freelancers. That said, the platform enjoyed immediate and overwhelming success almost from day one. In the first eight weeks after their launch in 2018, they secured a seven-figure annual revenue.
MarketerHire Review: How it Works
MarketerHire makes it easy for hiring managers to get in touch with highly-vetted, specialized marketers boasting the necessary skills and experience to complete the scope of the project.
Here’s how it works:
- Clients tell MarketerHire about their project. This includes filling out a form describing the specific marketing outcomes you need. Then, MarketerHire will schedule a call to learn more about the project.
- Meet your marketer. Typically, the platform arranges a match in under 48 hours! This comes with a free half-hour onboarding call so you can meet your pro and review your project with them. If you’re unsure about the match, MarketerHire will set up intro calls with alternative options.
- If you’re happy with your match, you can kickstart your project and integrate the freelancer into your team. Then, MarketerHire checks in every two weeks to ensure the collaboration is going smoothly. If you’re unhappy, they’ll match you with a new professional for free.
MarketerHire Review: Pros and Cons
Before wrapping up this review, here are some of the main advantages and disadvantages to consider before working with MarketerHire:
- You can hire a freelancer to join your team or agency within a week. MarketerHire can cut down on hiring time considerably.
- All professionals are highly vetted, so you’re guaranteed access to top talent.
- MarketerHire is in touch regularly to ensure you’re matched with the right marketer for you.
- MarketerHire covers a wide range of marketing disciplines.
- You get a free half-hour intro call with each match before you lock into any collaborations.
- MarketerHire systematically encourages fair, competitive rates that correlate to each freelancer’s experience and specialized skills.
- Most marketers are based in the USA, making the platform less relevant to a global market or organizations with a different language focus.
- MarketerHire isn’t suitable for smaller organizations looking for talent. The minimum monthly commitment of $1,500 excludes businesses with a smaller budget.
- The platform isn’t suited for quick, simple, one-off projects like one-off logo design.
- Some customers argue the value provided by the platform isn’t worth their service fees.
MarketerHire Review: For Freelancers…
Here’s the vetting process freelancers have to undergo to join the platform:
- Recruitment and sourcing: MarketerHire monitors Facebook groups, Linkedin, forums, and other channels. They’ll place job descriptions on these networks and ask for referrals to find the very best freelance marketers. Alternatively, marketers can apply independently for admission.
- Review: MarketerHire undertakes an in-depth skill review of the marketer’s professional experience, client feedback, and work samples. They also assess their current expertise and knowledge of industry best practices. In many cases, there’s also a skill-specific assessment to complete.
- An interview with an expert marketer: One of the most challenging aspects of hiring a great marketer is that so many people trying to hire them don’t have the experience themselves, making it hard to tell what is real, expert experience versus just knowing how to speak the language of speculation. Experts already within the MarketerHire network interview candidates to determine their level of expertise.
- Video interview: During this chat, MarketerHire assesses for good communication skills, critical thinking, and professionalism.
- MarketerHire continues to monitor their marketers and expects them to maintain a perfect track record: They check in with clients every two weeks to ensure freelancers produce high-quality work and provide first-rate communication.
Getting through this vetting process is difficult, but if you’re confident in your skills and experience, you might enjoy greater job security and plenty of opportunities through the platform. In the first year of MarketerHire’s operations, the average freelancer earned $5,000 per month per part-time project. High-earners on the platform make more than $300,000 a year.
If you’re looking to hire a marketer on MarketerHire, be prepared to pay within their usual compensation range. Experts set their own rates, but on average, you should expect $80-$160 an hour.
You’ll enjoy a 20% discount for part-time and full-time roles if you commit to 20 or 40 hours respectively.
Besides these rates, MarketerHire requires a soft commitment of a minimum of $1,500 per month from its clients. This ensures their vetted freelancers are placed on high-quality projects that are worth their while.
Aside from this, there are no placement fees, termination fees, or long-term contracts. Clients are invoiced weekly and can review their charges before they’re processed.
Unfortunately, it can’t be said up-front how much of a cut MarketerHire takes from the collaboration price. This is determined when the contract is agreed upon and varies from project to project depending on the fee.
MarketerHire Review: Customer Support
Clients can contact MarketerHire anytime via email. Customer support is regular and ever-available. In addition to that, you’ll have a chat with the team at least once every two weeks when they check in to ensure your collaboration is still going well.
In terms of self-help documentation, there’s little on their site to outline the actual collaboration process, as this is handled between clients and freelancers off-site. However, Trustpilot reviews praise the platform wholeheartedly, with an average score of 4.7 out of five.
Reviews outline how quick and easy it is to find a match with their help. While it’s described as slightly too expensive for some start-ups, the vast majority of customers are exceedingly happy with the easy hiring process and the quality of talent.
MarketerHire Review: Our Final Verdict
Marketing is a vital aspect of any business, and sometimes you need specialized talent to complete your team. Marketerhire.com provides access to expert marketers across a wide range of marketing specialties.
The platform undertakes a methodological process to ensure the highest quality collaborations. It keeps communication flowing to ensure all projects run smoothly. Its biggest selling points are the fast matching times with no upfront costs. This makes MarketerHire a safe option – clients have nothing to lose by giving the platform a try.
While the platform might not suit start-ups or solopreneurs, it’s an excellent resource for larger organizations and agencies that rely on skilled individuals across different marketing niches.
If you’ve tried hiring with MarketerHire before, let us know what you think in the comments below. We’d love to hear your thoughts!