What is Wix ADI – Everything You Need to Know
Wix ADI is one of the most impressive website building solutions available right now. The AI system belongs to the Wix website builder.
Wix is one of the most popular website building tools in the world today. Praised for an excellent combination of robust features and simplicity, Wix ADI ensures companies of all sizes can easily get started online with virtually no prior experience in website building.
Wix ADI, or Artificial Design Intelligence, accelerates and simplifies the process of building your website specific to your company’s needs. Rather than using the Wix editor (which is a simple enough tool on its own), you access the insights of an AI solution to build your site.
With Wix ADI, you can build a website in a matter of minutes, answering just a handful of questions to let the tool know exactly what kind of site you want.
Here’s your guide to Wix ADI.
Introducing Wix ADI
Wix introduced the ADI solution for a website building as a way of introducing companies to the future of site design. The first-ever AI solution of its type, the technology builds websites for you, so you can focus on making your business grow.
As online presence remains a crucial part of running a successful business in the modern world, every company leader needs an easy way to build their own website. Not everyone will have the coding and design insights required to start customizing an attractive site from scratch. Wix ADI removes the learning curve and barrier to entry for site building.
Rather than running the risk of ending up with an unprofessional looking site, companies can harness the ADI to make a site personalized to their needs in no time. The versatile offering is an excellent alternative to the standard website builder from Wix. What’s more, because the platform is build with machine learning algorithms, it’s gradually getting better over time.
The more the Wix ADI learns from helping companies to build effective websites, the more it can implement those new lessons into its future design suggestions. The technology currently accesses billions of potential combinations of layouts, text, images, and forms to decide which solution will be most effective for your business.
How Does Wix ADI Work?
Wix ADI is an artificial intelligence algorithm with access to thousands of useful data sets. Using the information it already has about website building, and the data you input about your business and website requirements, the tool can build an entire website. The finished product will include everything from a customized template and layout to suggestions on where to place your contact forms, and how add your text boxes.
While you will need to implement your own content yourself to finish the design of your website, the ADI does most of the hard work. You also have the freedom to reject or accept design suggestions from the ADI, so if you’re not fully happy with how your suggested site looks, you’re not locked into that design.
To get started with Wix ADI, you’ll need a Wix account. There are various purchasing packages to choose from, and we’ll come back to the pricing in a moment. Once you have an account, click the “Get Started” button on your Wix profile, and you’ll have the option to either build a website, or use the Wix ADI to help you develop your site.
When you click on the Wix ADI option, you’ll be asked a number of questions about what kind of site you want to build, and the design preferences you have. You can decide to build an online store, a blog, or a portfolio website, among other options. The Wix ADI will also ask for some more personalized information, like what you want to name your website, and if there’s any specific imagery or text you’d like to include. You’ll also be able to add your logo to your site and connect your social media accounts in the form of buttons.
To improve your chances of getting the perfect website, Wix asks you to choose things like colors and themes. Alternatively, you can have Wix suggest a color scheme based on your logo. Once you’ve given all the right information, the ADI makes a series of suggestions for the kind of website you might like. You scroll through the options and select the one that fits you best.
You’ll also be able to access other options for webpages, like contact pages, and product pages. The range of options ensures you can get a more personalized solution when the ADI is finished building.
After you’re done selecting everything, you’ll have a ready-made website for your business, which you can edit to suit your needs. There are some limitations to the editing options, but you should still be able to polish anything you’re unhappy with.
How is the Wix ADI Editor Different to the Wix Editor?
The Wix ADI promises to build companies a website from scratch, with minimal input from you. Though you can customize things in your website, like changing your theme, adding images, and building new pages, the ADI takes a lot of the pressure off your shoulders.
To edit your site, you’ll transition from the Wix ADI set-up process, which involves answering a lot of questions, to the Wix QADI editor – or the general Wix Editor. The ADI editor functions within the ADI tool and offers very basic, straightforward options. The Wix general editor is a little more flexible, allowing you to make extensive changes to your website.
The ADI Editor will allow you to customize your fonts, text, images, and themes, as well as adding elements or pages, integrating apps, and customizing other options. The general Wix Editor does a little more than this, giving you pixel-perfect control over elements.
The Wix general editor is a lot more immersive than the ADI editor, but this is generally because you need to do a lot more work yourself if you’re not using the ADI. If you’re looking to make basic changes to your site, the ADI editor should be more than enough.
Wix ADI Pros and Cons
As an intelligent solution for building and editing your website, Wix ADI has a lot to offer. The builder is quick and easy to set up, with the option to import images immediately, you also get hundreds of business profiles to help you get started. However, there are some limitations too, like a lack of customization options.
- Easy and quick to set up: The AI system is probably one of the fastest ways to build a website we’ve seen. You’ll create a site within a couple of minutes provided you understand the questions the Wix system asks.
- Images import automatically: If you already have a presence online for your website, Wix will seek out your content and import existing images, like your logo and other content from your existing web pages.
- Easy to use: Wix is an easy-to-use website builder in general, but Wix ADI is genuinely one of the most straightforward options on the market.
- Mobile friendly: The Wix ADKI system ensures you can create mobile versions of your website, making even more customers able to find your website.
- Smart system: Site concepts are presented based on your answers to questions. The solution can even give you a color scheme suggestion based on the colors found in your website logo, if you’re not sure where to start.
- Lack of customization: Wix ADI will allow you to tweak parts of your website and design, but it isn’t anywhere near as flexible as the regular Wix editor. Content blocks and sections are already pre-defined, so you are quite restricted.
- Feature limitations: Some features like Wix Hotels and Restaurant apps are available, but others are missing at the moment.
- Finished appearance: Although the Wix sites you create will look good when using the ADI, they can also end up looking a little like a template. Although adding your own images and content can help in this regard, it’s hard to build something totally unique.
- ADI added content: Sometimes, the ADI content reads beautifully naturally and makes a lot of sense, but most of the time you’ll need to edit the information to make it sound as professional as possible.
Wix ADI Pricing
Wix ADI is a part of the Wix website building solution, rather than a separate function or feature. This means you’ll need to buy a Wix plan to access the service. The Wix ADI service also works with the free version of the Wix software, which is a nice touch. Your not going to have to worry about choosing the right Wix pricing to get the functionality you need.
Package options include:
- Free: The free version of the Wix solution allows you to create a free site with Wix ADI. However, you won’t have your own domain name, and features are limited.
- Connect domain: £3.50 per month: Add Wix functionality to a domain you already own.
- Combo: £6 per month: The Combo package gives you a decent amount of webspace, but you won’t be able to build a store.
- Unlimited: £9 per month: This package offers up to 10GB of space on your website for a decently low price.
- VIP: £19 per month for unlimited bandwidth and up to 35GB of storage space.
- Business Basic: £13 per month for access to ecommerce features like secure online payments.
- Business Unlimited: £17 per month for customer accounts, customer domains and other purchasing features for stores.
- Business VIP: £22 per month for access to recurring payments and plans, secure online payments, and other great features.
Keep in mind there are limitations to what you can do with Wix at the lower purchasing levels. The free package is quite generous, but you won’t be able to use a professional domain, which can be a major issue for some companies. If you want to access ecommerce functionality in your website, you’ll need at least the Business Basic plan.
Who Should Use Wix ADI?
Tools with AI enhancements, like Wix ADI, are becoming increasingly more popular these days. It’s much easier to build an attractive website when you have an intelligent machine to help you make the right choices. However, Wix ADI won’t be right for everyone. The service is great for quick and easy set up for your website – but it has some limitations too.
We’d recommend Wix ADI for people who don’t have a lot of website design experience, and those who don’t want to spend a lot of time building their new website. If you’re keen to get a site up and running fast, or you’re building a temporary site for an event, this could be the ideal product for you.
The good news is you can always choose to move away from the ADI service whenever you like and switch to the regular editor instead. Wix Editor can give you a lot more freedom from a customization perspective. You’ll get access to all the standard features you get from a Wix website, like a free domain and SEO Wiz, plus extra support from AI. All you need to do is answer some simple questions, and the tough parts of web development are done for you.
Few other website builders can help you to build a stunning website with virtually no work at all like Wix Artificial Design Intelligence. There’s also plenty of guidance available on the Wix Adi site and Wix blog if you need help using the ADI system.
Wix ADI Review: Verdict
Wix offers a host of tools to help companies build SEO ready websites for the modern era. If the drag and drop Wix editor isn’t simple enough for your needs, Wix Adi can give you exceptional ease of use, with step-by-step support from AI system.
The Wix ADI can improve your presence with the search engines, make your small business stand out online and reduce the amount of work involved in website creation. As an option for anyone with a Wix.com account, the ADI web design can even reduce the need to view any website builder tutorial before you start building.
Just keep in mind, if you create your website with Wix ADI, you will have some limitations compared to if you were a designing a professional website with a comprehensive editor. While Wix Adi is good for building your first website, you might want a more flexible tool for full optimization at a later stage. Once you’ve used the ADI service on your Wix paid plans to create homepage content and get inspiration for your site, you can always switch to the Editor to adjust your content.
Alternatively, you can always look beyond Wix and the wix app market to explore other site builders like WordPress or Squarespace instead.